Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Its all in the wrist

At the weekend, among other things, I made a discovery. Now, normally a 2 1/2" knob would not be much to be proud of, but when the competition is less than an inch, its different. Not all controllers are created equal it seems. I fell in love with this large knob and I'm not afraid to admit it. its delicate touch and silky motion just swept me away. The only problem with it is the manufacturer.

'Trust me, I'll be gentle'

In related topics, how does one differentiate DCC controllers on a club setup so that you always get your own back. The answer is quite simple.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Go on then, what is the simple answer to the knob twister's dilemma?

The MRC & NCE DCC systems also have quite nice dials, compared to the toggle/key pad mania which other manufacturers seem to be overly enamoured with.

Kiwibonds said...

my, what a handful of knob you have there.

Motorised Dandruff said...

So kind of you to say. A pity its not mine....

Amateur Fettler said...

Did you ask the Knobs owner if he minded a photo of it being splashed around the internet?

lalover said...

Alright I'll place your game!
They've got bigger knobs than I have!!!

And relevant to current affairs is todays word....vokxiver
A kind of RTD????

Anonymous said...

I agree the Spectrum is a nice DC controller to use having one at our Club.
I like the ESU twin knob DCC controller ...now there's two handfuls....but not quite the same smooth fluid movement of the Spectrum!

Unknown said...

I think you will find that the Bachmann "knobs" are actually designed & produced for them by ESU anyway - now is their "silkiness" a result of an Asian assembly team's efforts rather than those of your average buxom Bavarian blonde assembless?

There appears to be a fair degree of incestuoness in the DCC manufacturing area, with a significant amount of rebadge engineering, rather along the lines of GM - Holden's efforts.