Thursday, March 11, 2010

An eye opener

From the 'what can you fit in there?' files.

I've met a fair few Europeans in my time, and found them to be by in large fairly level headed practical people. I am a scientist , so I tend to like that sort of thing (Its very annoying when you have a little lab fire and people just go into a panic, but I digress). However you can imagine my surprise on discovering that some German model railway scratch builders have discovered the true secret to powering small scale loco's, and it involves fitting the largest possible motor and flywheel into the locos tender that you can.


'Does my flywheel look big in this?'

Mayne its just the way my brain works, but this suggests all sorts of possibilities to me. Getting a 1628 can motor into a Ka tender, or into an old Df chassis (that would indeed pull the skin off a rice pudding and then some) would be great for pulling power.

Have a look round the rest of the site, there's some very good modeling and it will give your high school German a leg stretch in places (unless you are German in which case you will be be in the same boat understanding this)

No comments: