Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trackmaking pt XIV

'Hi everyone, my name is MD'
(Chorus) 'Hi MD'
' Its been 24hrs since my last hit, and I'm still itching for another high. It started off innocently enough. A free sample of PCB sleepers and some code 55 rail. Just a couple of straight bits I thought, just to see what it looks like. Before I knew it I was running with a rough crowd. They gave me templates and track gauges and encouraged me to make points. Its got so bad that I'm now making track for others, and if I don't have a template on the workbench, I find myself edgy and just looking at the track I've made. My other modeling has suffered, its been months since I've made a wagon, or looked at a loco. I just don't know where this spiral will end, as I'm looking at double slips and scissors crossovers. I know I need help, but I only seem to get encouragement....'

'Its appearing like fungus'

And I've just noticed that I have yet to put any check rails in place on these, or gap the sleepers. Maybe when I get the rest of the track finished. Ohh, I'm getting all shakey....

3 comments:

woodsworks said...

It's the fumes of the flux, highly addictive.... not to mention the lead in the solder....classic dealer's methods, first hit is free to get 'em hooked!

Special offer, this week only, 300mm strip of 179 tin/silver/lead solder and a small smackerel of phosphoric acid flux (Carr's Yellow Label, the good stuff!) free of charge with any purchase of code 55 rail and NZ120 sleeper stock, so anyone can give it a go.

The flux will be a few mls decanted into a suitably anonomous pill bottle, nothing much really, just enough to (get them hooked?) get started.

steve w. said...

its been months since I've made a wagon, or looked at a loco

that's what I'm missing on your blog lately...

steve w.

al 'dente' - famous south american dentist...

Motorised Dandruff said...

Don't worry, I'm missing it as well. must have a look at whats next on the list of things to build.