Monday, August 23, 2010

Boxed in

Today in the first of a series on the 'layout in/on a box file competition' competition, we look at what a boxfile is, and what you can (or can't) do with it.
First of all, what does it look like open?


Its size is 368mm by 264mm but that doesn't really help much to visualise how big it is. Instead here is a photo.


Arrangements of the boxfiles can be fairly flexible, really limited only by your imagination. As well as the linear approaches here;


and here;


There also exist the possibilities for more outlandish arrangements.

The Y;


The cross


and whatever this looks like?


Finally, they do not make very good hats....


"It is an overall improvement though..."

2 comments:

greg said...

Why don't you appear to have glass in the doors to your modeller's lair, where you are hatching your "box" plans? Its not a very security conscious arrangement.

Richard Darbyshire said...

Woke up this morning, closed in on all sides, nothing doing. I feel resistance as I open my eyes, someone's fooling. I've found a way to break through this cellophane line cause I know what's going on in my own mind. Am I living in a box, am I living in a cardboard box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHt_GzOgjvA