Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Clayton's Modeling

If you read any of the "unnamed" magazines mentioned by Am_Fet recently you will no doubt notice they all look at winter as the season for modeling projects to get moving.

So with that in mind I have plenty on the go...

...But winter seems different down under, so for the last couple of months at least the sum total of my modeling efforts have been of the armchair variety.
So to show that I have at least been thinking about modeling, here's some idea of what has been thought about.

Firstly the DFT.

Well this hasn't really progressed any further than the last peek we got at it.
The mkII version is at the laser cutters.

Okay so the fleet will be retired by the time this one gets finished!

Now I know Steve is chomping at the bit to get one of these to play with. Unfortunately for him (and me) Am_Fet with his ZH test managed to jump the queue at the laser shop. I'm not quite sure how he pulled that off, perhaps I need larger bribes!

Next the "modern" re-clad GT.

Yes I know, original GT's but you get the idea.

The first version of the CAD work has been done for this, but not yet test cut. This will be a similar idea to Am_Fet's ZH, formers with a thin wrap for the cladding.

Matangi (ears pricking up maybe?)

Nothing serious here.

Just playing with the CAD files from Hollywood Foundry to see how "low profile" the running gear could be, this has potential.

And finally something to temp anyone?



So can I argue that a CAD on a laptop in the armchair constitutes modeling...

... Probably Not.

1 comment:

steve w. said...

And finally something to temp anyone?
...not me (yeah right !)

steve w.

'myczbnjo' and my italian mandoline...