Tuesday, August 03, 2010

UP!!

Am Fet writes:

Like a lot of you out there in Interent(sic) land, I was most taken by the modelling at the 2mm association convention highlighted on this blog a few weeks back.

However, the photo that really got me wondering was this:



Sure, the layout is looking like its coming long nicely, but its the edifice that its sitting on that really caught my eye.

So apart from wondering "Whats the smallest camera you can mount on a full size tripod?", I started thinking on what a great design the stand is. Being made of ply, its easily cut out either by hand tools, power tools or (gasp) a laser of Death Star magnitude; being slotted, it looks like it could easily be assembled / disassembled while still lying flat on the boot floor of the company Bambina. And it would be so much easier to contemplate than some of the absolutely shocking systems of legs, trestles and girders I've had to cope with over the years.

Hmmm....if anyones keen, I might even offer to draw it up and get it laser cut.....

No comments: