Monday, January 05, 2009

Plans for 2009

Well, its about this time of the year that we sit down and with a skin full of booze try to make plans for the new year that we have absolutely no hope of forfilling. with this in mind, I'll present two sets, the readily achievable, and the wildly outlandish.

planed;
- organise the A3 module system so that other people can actually follow it, and more importantly, download the files and use it.
- get my resin casting to the point where I can actually sell castings to others.
-get started on a home layout of some sort.

wildly optimistic;
-come up with a full range of wagon kits (any period, so i leave myself some wiggle room).
-Do a steam loco kit (I've got more chance of being elected pope)

3 comments:

lalover said...

and update the end of year modelling spree extrazaganza?

roddem said...

Hi Rys..a bit ambitious with the plans there.

I was also haunted by bubbles in the mix. I take it you are using urethane. I made a vacumm pump using a pressure pump reversed which worked, you can try it if you want - call me.

However there is only 2 minutes of working time and that was not enough to remove all the bubbles as the mixture was too viscous - is there a thinner that might help this?

The other way might be to make the mold so it can be debubbled with the mix in it - bell jar or something over it and a number of risers in the mold. That way the set off time might not matter providing you are quick with the filling.
Just some thoughts...regards...Rod

RAB said...

Ambition is fine till December rolls round again.

On the resin casting, I think its more a problem of needing to rethink the way I actually cast, and move towards a more metal like system where the 2 molds are clamped together and the resin poured in. I'll have a look at an old mold I've got to see if it can be altered to work. This could solve the major bubble problem and the minor one I can live with.