Well, either I'm on a roll and the creative juices are unblocked, or the drive on a deadline (which is 25 days away chaps) but the upshot is more modeling tonight (the most in quite a while).
After painting everything last night, it was time to spread the white filler again. Now, this stuff is not cheap ($20 a litre) but once you get past that, its actually quite good to use. There's not the mess of plaster either (which in this case has been replaced by the expanded poly crap). So after starting off smearing it on with the good old screwdriver, I got out a paintbrush to get some finer detail. This tidies things up till the filler sets some more. While waiting for this I added some back scene formers from wood veneer that I had acquired in a trade for PCB sleepers. These were cut to the correct height to give a module height of 40cm (chosen to fit into the car when stacked face to face) and then attached with gorilla glue and pins. I'll add a smoother surface once I have more of the shrubbery in.
I've added the tunnel at the back which needs a bit more work. however its sort of looking the way I had envisaged. If only I still had some moss from the old days to make trees.
And here's what it looks like from a lower angle.