Monday, May 11, 2009

Wagons Ho

Among other things at the weekend I decided to get out some of the old Peco chassis I have stored for a rainy day (not that we have many in Nelson) and do something useful with the la and Lc castings I have. The 13 foot underframes had the brake gear removed and the detail filed back to flat with the inner surface of the underframe. No other detail as yet, I'll have to cast some more brake levers from my mold at some point.


For a bit of variation I did the La's as an La-6 with an 8'6" underframe, and an La-8 with a 10' underframe. For the La-8 the brake gear was removed and again the chassis filed back flat. The 10' underframe was simply cut in 1/2 and glued into position on the resin top. I then added the plasticard strips as solebars to cover the gap in the center and some brass U girder of the right size for the headstocks. The La-6 had the couplers removed and the detail filed off as before. After adding the plasticard solebars and the brass headstocks, the couplers were then glued into position. Again, brake gear is still to come.



I guess I'll have to do some black tarpaulins as well.

1 comment:

lalover said...

Don't forget to add the metal wheelsets....