Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wheel them out

This mornings post carry's over work from last night.


The bogie sideframes are all on, and its not overly obvious that the wheelbase is too short under there. I've cut the gear towers off where they are not needed. I'll have to have a good hard look at how I'm going to mount them to get the body at the right height (ug, mechanisms, my least favorite thing, but probably the next big job). I will also have to try to find a decent picture of just where the brake cylinders sit on the sideframes, although it looks like they are very similar to the EE bogies from the same time period.

As a continuing question, is there anything that the readers would like to see written about? More of? how about the guys in the peanut galley who read, but manage to avoid the comments section?

2 comments:

lalover said...

Current style is fine, thrust and counter thrust!

RIP said...

Appreciating the railcar construction info. I purchased a Trackside kit and obtained a GP20, but couldn't work out how to get it to fit. As a new modellor with lots of other stuff to do, I put the challenge off to a cold wintery night and winter isn't far away.