Monday, March 23, 2009

New toys

Mmmmm, coming home to a package at the door is soooo good. Tonights comes with a special warning.

"Hmm, this will hold up construction"

Inside is a collection of quite crisp looking castings, and a set of quite eclectic instructions. It says to read them first, but I don't think its going to help.

"The last of the Trackside railcars"

Already I'm planning changes. the bogie innards will be replaced by the GP30 bogies I have pre-aquired so that I can get pickup from all wheels. The pivot arrangement between the 2 halves will also have to be modified, as I can't see any mention of the corridor connection bit's anywhere.

I'm also going to avoid low melt solder and go for glue. I just have a problem with something that could melt in strong sunlight.

Update; Pat, you were a good man, but I'm starting to wonder about whether english was your first language....

5 comments:

ECMT said...

" a set of quite eclectic instructions. It says to read them first, but I don't think its going to help. "

I don't think the cork screw or the vitamins are going to do you much good either !

Motorised Dandruff said...

The corkscrew could assist if it all gets too much. Bring on the pinot I say!

Kiwibonds said...

This is going to be a verrry interesting project.

Two questions... 1) do the corkscrew and vitamins come with the kit? 2) is it the vitamins or Pinot give the finished railcar its red colour?

lalover said...

Are the castings all pewter?
They look very thin!

Motorised Dandruff said...

The castings are all pweter, with some thin brass sheet for the floor. They are sbout 1mm thick in the thinest part.

And the final red colour will be provided by the blood from tearing my hair out interpreting the instructions!