Sunday, March 29, 2009

Short update

Just did a bit of work on detailing the bogies tonight. I was sure that there was 6 in the packet, but 30 minutes later, and I am one short. Have now spent at least 1/2 and hour looking for the last brake cylinder under everything on the work bench, and around the floor underneath.

In other news, the power bogie moved under its own steam (so to speak) tonight. Now I have to sort out just how the whole chassis will go together so that its the right height, and runs well too (in fact, good running is the number one priority, everything else is secondary).

Update; Found errant brake cylinder by cunningly starting to look for something else, and there it was on a piece of floor that I'd examined minutely 5-6 times. I've also added the brake rigging, and a second cylinder that is on the drawings at the opposite end to the brake cylinder. this is from the bits of pewter that were the pins on the inside of the bogies to locate them in the normal build.

Now I will be forced to look at the underframe, and see where all those bits fit in.

No comments: