Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lets do the time warp again....

From DB's "there's a prototype for everything department":

The Rocky Horror Picture Show receives far too much airtime on this Blog.

But be that as it may, you might have seen this picture of a UK wagon that quietly passed away on train 230 at Fielding earlier in the week (stolen from the NZ Locos Yahoo group who probably stole it from someone else).


A similar sight greeted me when I put my nose up onto the yard containing my wagon stash a few weeks ago.

? I thought they were supposed to be container 'flat' wagons?

None of my other cast resin UK/PKs exhibit this quirk, but I suppose it could have been summer's heat or humidity or badly mixed resin that never really set. Perhaps it went deep sea diving when I wasn't looking and surfaced too quickly. One of our Chemistry Wizards may have some thoughts. The Star Wars prequels sucked. The last one only partially. What's up with the weather?

Where was I... Fairly early on I started encapsulating brass rod into the castings by laying it into the mold during the pour, but it looks like this one escaped that process for some reason. This might push me to revisit a cast brass UK...

No comments: