Thursday, September 02, 2010

Trackmaking XV

I had a day off sick from work yesterday, and despite all that time, only really managed to sort out finally how to make the point throwbars properly and repeatably. this involved the death of some 20 odd peco track pins before I sorted it all out. not that great you might think, but this was one of the things that has been bugging me for a while, and hence I've avoided it till now.

AS a question for today, how long does everyone expect their models to last? Ive started wondering this after more and more pictures of items I made 16-17 years ago keep appearing (the latest being a set of 56' car tops, with a not that crash hot paint job that they didn't have when they started life). There are still a few Resin D and Dc tops out there as well. These were never designed to last that long and I'm always surprised to see them turn up on layouts or in photographs.

No comments: