Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trackmaking XVIII

Those still awake and following this series will have noticed that I have yet to sort out the track joins between baseboards. previously I had used PC board, but I didn't think this was going to cut it. I decided on brass strip held down by araldite as I figured that this would not move.
The only remaining problem was sourcing some brass bar 1mm by 2mm. North yard couldn't help, nor could the ubiquitous KS stand. however they did have some 1/16" square tube which I figured might do the job.

Wrong. it was too thick.
However all was not lost, I just set the hammer on it which solved the problem nicely, as well as letting out some pent up aggression (I don't play sport any more).

I also added in some PCB sleepers behind it just to add to the stiffening.

And before you ask, yes, I will be cutting electrical breaks in it, just after it has been glued down.

No comments: