Monday, September 06, 2010

Trackmaking pt XVI

Well, having thrashed the garden within an inch of my life (we research types just are not cut out for wielding spades and such, but the lady of the house does persist), I have also managed to spend some time at the workbench on rest breaks.

Now, I really was intending to get on with the Ew (honest Steve, I really was) but the creative juices are just not flowing in that direction at the moment. Then there was the lure of another challenge.

The most difficult bit of the whole layout is the scissors crossover in terms of trackmaking. I have done all the other pointwork for the second module, and so I have had to bite the bullet and make a start.

First up is laying out the track centers and sleepers. I could possibly have used less of the long ones, but I had no idea where I was going to need them, so just put the lot in just in case.


And, after waving the soldering iron round a bit (of and cutting and filing) I've got too....


The center crossover works, though things do bump round a bit. The blades, check rails and throwbars still have to go on, but I can at least do those with some chance of success.

I just hope my Ka's will run through it OK!

1 comment:

steve w. said...

well done, that looks great, seems to be a lot of "fiddle and fuddle"... ;-)

steve w.

'rabilliz'