Friday, July 02, 2010

The return of the guards van thread....

well, just to show that I'm not completely idle, I've been working on completing another guards van. As an aside, do you know its been 8 months since the last instalment?

I've had the van tops sitting on the shelf for a while now, and came across a set of unassembled trackgang bogies the other night. Much drilling, glueing, falling apart and swearing ensued. I'm also convinced I'm getting far more clumsy as I seem to be dropping small items far more than I remember (or maybe its the same rate and I just don't remember as well as I once did). I finally got the damn things atached and in the right place, and it seens to run OK as far as I can tell. I also managed to attach a knuckle coupler to the back.

As you can see compared to the previous picture, theres been a bit of weathering going on. I like the result (well, once I've painted the bogies and then dusted them up a bit.)

No comments: