Friday, July 23, 2010

A bit of a mountain to climb

No post yesterday, was a bit worn out with various other things going (or not going) on in real life. Plus it was nice to let the freemo thread run, and I think we might be getting somewhere. I like the idea of pre-cut end modules, and if we can organise a way of sourcing and cutting Goldfoam then that will be a huge step.

Back to my problems in hand with the monstrosity I've decided to build. Having finished the track on the first module, attention then turns to the second module. Unfortunately this will possible have the most complex piece of trackwork ever attempted on an NZ120 model to date.


'Cor boss, I don't know what the lads will say about building this...'

The passing loop on the lower left will be easy to do, but this then leads into a scissors crossover. The lines on the right are worse when after the crossover there are 4 points in a row all close together leading into the south end of the loco depot (and this doesn't count the dummy line leading into the coal heap). the only easy bit is the goods yard on the far right, but I might try to lay this in code 40 as an experiment. One thing is for certain; Woodworks will be making more money out of me in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

manaia said...

I am a big fan of what you do and do understand that you how post on this site are very bissy and don't allways have time to posably reply to all comments but I have posted some questions and I'm still waiting for a replie.

regards Manaia

JBB said...

It's not easy tracking down your question when every reference to it is linked to a different blog post, but as far as I can see you question has been answered by Am_Fet here.
That's why they call it the blues...