Thursday, February 18, 2010

Virtual Reality Detour: DX Bogiesicles

DB Says: You may not remember reading this cheap-champagne-fueled dribble a few months back. It was all a load of nonsense anyway, but let me replay the relevant nanosecond here:


Whoopdee-doody, a few evenings fuddling in AutoCad. But today, thanks to Mark Gasson's Magic Perfactory Machine, some semi-transparent reality arrived in the post.

Insane.

Insane. These are 40mm long each and match Atlas N scale Dash-8 axlespacings give or take a few hairs. That's officially tiny. Click on the pic above and check out the bolts around the axles. Blown away.

Now to see if I can cast these things as it's going to get pricey to have him run them off by the dozen...

6 comments:

Woodsworks said...

So what are these worth? I have been using the company Stratatec in Christchurch to do my RP stuff, and they are quite reasonable for price. They quoted $18 per piece to do sets of 1/34 scale Dsc bogie sideframes (huge parts compared to NZ120, 110mm long!) Theirs is the same breed of machine as Marks, but bigger, and also I used Si500 resin, which is opaque Tweety-Bird yellow, which may or may not have a bearing on the price.

RKBL said...

hmm, looks good hows the fit on a Kato sd40 chassis?

Kiwibonds said...

Hi

I assume they would fit the sd40-2 dimensions as most of the mainstream american c-c- stuff is pretty similar dimensionally.

Looks like if i do some sort of bulk run I might be able to get these run off (rp, not cast) for 15$-10$ if anyone is intereted.

Southern Rails said...

Every time I look at this blog, I'm blown away by every new development. Good work team. Maybe its time to have a more serious look an NZ120...

RKBL said...

Is that $10-$15 each or for a set of 4, I know I would be interested as I'm doing a Dx at the moment on a Ds 40 chassis.

Anonymous said...

NICE ! I am defenitely interested to buy these truck sideframes as well. I bet you will sell more of them than I did with the N scale AC4400CW ones Mark4 did for me. All others, take a look at this page, there are some more pictures 'how to' install them (although for the Kato AC4400CW trucks but the 'technique' is the same): http://www.steve4painting.com/shop.html (no worries, shop is closed !) cheers... steve w.