Sunday, January 15, 2012

An overview

More cheap and cheerful buildings going up today. After looking at all the plans for the station (which seems to have been rebuilt more times than I've had hot dinners) I managed to work out the size of the main building. with the craft knife set to cut we were off and soon the building appeared. Glued up and on the platform it looked like this.

With the railcar parked next to it, it doesn't seem tall enough, so when I go back and build the real one I'll have to get it right. I was also worried that there would not be enough space on the platform for the station building. Its obvious from this that space will not be a problem.

As the last photos were a bit dark, here is one from the cold hard light of day looking down the whole layout.

Still to come are the houses and town at the far right, the hill close right, and the airail shed on the left.

And here's one of the loco depot showing the recently completed control panels.

'Note the H&S approved soldering iron hanger'

Now if I could just get the minions onto sorting out the turntable then I could get the rest of the track finished. I also will have to decide what to make the final fascia boards from. Ideally it would be 3 or 4mm ply, but I might have to settle for thin MDF (assuming I can get hold of some) of the same thickness. I can't really use card as it is easy to ding, and foam core board has the same problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am following this in awe and amazement. Looking better and better by the day. SteveF

sxytrain said...

Good work. Progress is going well by the looks...