Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday morning

Its a bit chilly here at Shloss dandruff this morning, but the fires on. We just don't appear to have any decent cofee in the house. Thus I'm off on a provisioning trip, which will include jaycar, a model shop and the homebrew emporium as well.

last night I sat down and drew out a scaled dowm plan for the Cb. I could have photocopied it, but I wanted to get a better feel for how everything went together and where I was going to make compromises. I was surprised to find that there may not be many to make. I would just describe it to you, but after recieving thefollowing message from the peanut galley I had no choice.
Dont just tell me, I need photos dammit!!!!!!! 
'Happy?'

Possibly the cab might have to come forward a bit, but thats probably it. The more observent will notice that I have done some more slimming down of the chassis by removing the big weight under the mech. This will be compensated by the amount of brass I intend to make the top out of. I also painted the wheels black last night as well, as I was getting tired of the shinyness on the workbench.

6 comments:

Am_Fet said...

Sodding Hell...it might just work, Goddammit!!

East Town Workshops said...

Are you planning to roll your boiler from brass?

Motorised Dandruff said...

No, its a brass tube.

Kiwibonds said...

Without wanting to sound like a gushing idiot, that looks completely jolly good.

Nice to see something a little different being attempted in NZ120.

And in other news, I entered the train room on Sunday for the first time in about 6 months.

lalover said...

thought you were a little quiet DB

Motorised Dandruff said...

It happens when one gets a year older ;v)