Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In the shed

The middle of winter is often seen as prime modeling time. Men from all walks of life, unencumbered by requests to mow the lawns or do the gardens or go on holiday by the beach, can head off to the modeling bench to create great works.
(I have just managed to type the last sentence with a straight face).

Seriously though folks, there must be other people working away on models out there. how about a photo or two at Nz120.org?

Here at Schloss Dandruff I would take pictures of the last couple of days work, but there only so many pictures you can take of soldering wires to point switches. The one other thing I have done was to make a funnel for the Cb.

This has improved the look no end. I will just have to sort out how to mount microtrains couplers to it as there is sod all room for them.

3 comments:

beaka said...

looking good sir druff ( knighthood for services rendered to scratching!! hang on scratchbuilding.)
i still think it needs a thomas face to really look convincing. i'm sacrificing for my country as well. it's bloody cold in my shed all of a sudden.hard to model with kiwifruit gloves on though!

Anonymous said...

CB looking good. Would the Tomix chassis also suit an NZ120 Heisler?

Nick

Anonymous said...

Right - I've just gone and got the camera and taken a photo of the Ka tender I'm making right at the moment.
I'll take another one when it's got bogies and a top on it and it looks something a bit more, and then maybe nz120 if it looks okay. I'm too embarrassed about Dj, Dg etc
Does anyone bother about rivets on plasticard tenders?