Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Its Made my Day...

Am_Fet writes:

Its been a bit difficult recently to get enthused about things trains. All I seem to be doing is spending a lot of time reading through datasheets and plotting axle lengths against different manufacturers wheelsets....Which will lead to great things when its done, but is all a tad tedious at the moment.

So I was exceptionally heartened to read Graham replying to another post with "I have also had a go at making a J5 from the nz120 site in styrene cut on my cutter at home, looks ok but no engraved planks on the first one."

Congratulations Graham for taking the plunge...you could well be the first user of an open source wagon plan in New Zealand (unless there are others who have kept it quiet, but thats not the point, is it now boys and girls).....and it makes me feel like my endeavours werent all a waste after all.

Sigh..I'm feeling all squiffy now...(but that might have been the onions)

4 comments:

Graham said...

i will post a picture of it on the yahoo site. i did make it in O scale (9mill/ft)

Graham said...

imistrhave posted some picys like said. its not finnished or even painted. took all day one sunday trying to work out how it went togeather, then i found the blog with the pictorial now that helped but it was the end of the day.

Amateur Fettler said...

Even better!!!!

2 things:

- It looks like your roof has a bit of a sag in it, I'd look at strengthening it with wire
- (Theres no real polite way to say this)...Ummm...I think youve got the doors on the wrong ends. Arent they supposed to be on the right?

Apart from that, its a cracking model. I'm almost tempted to follow in the footsteps of the 9mm IA and get one done in 2mm Acrylic...

Graham said...

i tried to get the IA done but my programme wont open the file formate for some reason. i'd might try again over the weekend.