Friday, April 17, 2009

Painted Lady (DX part 3)

DB says:

I can't paint for shite, but as I can't drive to Nelson to ask the Überdruff to paint it for me, nor Brendon Lean (hopefully he'll post on his techniques at some stage), I got out some masking tape, a few brushes, drew a halfway line with a thin marker and had a go. For once I got more paint on the target than on me and my clothes. Told you I can't paint for shite. I used Model Master colours: Insignia yellow, insignia red and gunship grey lightened with some white. Still looks like shite though. Still, after some touching up, its starting to look half-decent from about three and a quarter feet away. And they say you can't polish a turd.Enough of this painting nonsense... its way too hard. A little more touching up and it will be time to put some signage up on the sides.

1 comment:

lalover said...

Turd or not you're doing well to mask anything in that scale!

Still like the newer scheme better though......

Spotted 5108 at Upper Hutt yesterday, freshly painted.... mmmm