Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Going back in time


Tonight courtesy of Kiwibonds, we have a couple of pictures of the layout that really did start it all.
John Rappards Dunedin to Port Chalmers layout was first exhibited in 1988 at the Christchurch convention (this might be wrong and it might have been to Auckland in 1986). John built the 2 double fairlies Josephine and Rose on the Ibetren 0-4-0 'cuckoo' chassis, and the wagons and carriages on Peco chassis. It was first exhibited as an end to end layout, but was later modified as a round and round layout. I was once lucky enough to operate this layout for a weekend at a show at the Dunedin railway station.

The port scene still survives in Timaru.
Second tonight, these arrived in my mailbox today along with some Cb molds that I had lent to a young chap in Christchurch (and who's soul I now own until he sends me an article and some pictures). these were out of Lc and Kp/Lw molds that I did in the mid 1990's, but the resin is nothing I ever used.

I'd be interested to find out where they came from and also the origin of the R1 wagon and Mc's that arrived at the same time.

No comments: