Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We all mess up

Second post tonight; whats the most embarrassing mistake you have made in your modeling career. I've already got some entries. my 2 are
-Talking about my Cass bank modules and how I found the inspiration for them in a book to someone who Kiwibonds later pointed out was Geoff Churchman, author of the book.
-While staying with my brother 'helping him with a 9mm Yb kit. prior to assembly we decided that it would be a good idea to paint it, and then bake the paint on ( with lead you can heat it to 200C after painting and the paint binds to the surface to the lead. its like modern roofing iron. however, the Von strap kits are white metal arn't they. The look in the oven after 10 minutes gave the great line 'looks a bit flat doesn't it'. No mistake there.

From another who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty;'I once superglued a Dx to my knee'(nearly fell off my chair at work :v).
Things like this require a fair slice of 'talent'

2 comments:

Southern Rails said...

Modeling mess up's.... Don't we all have a few. Many years ago I remember gluing my fingers together with loctite. And lets not forget the mad rush around the house looking for burn cream after some hot soldier went through my trackies and onto my thigh. Ouch!

Kiwibonds said...

For the record, I had that DX upside down and was working on the headstock with that superthin superglue.

After attaching the shunters steps, it seems a little glue had found is way down inside the body, through the top radiator grille and through my jeans onto my knee. I remember the fear that coursed through my body when the stuckness was detected, bolstered by the the potential embarrassment of showing up for a hostel meal with an S scale DX hanging off me like a kneepad.

Some careful jeans cutting was required, and just to prove that even morons can learn things, I've never used the thin glue since...