Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The resin years

In the 90'2 I did all of my casting in resin, even for bits that I shouldn't have. I didn't know any better (and now that I do, I'm still not sure I'd do anything differently).
Kiwibonds has come up with some pictures of some of the resin casting that I did back in the dark ages.

From left to right (I'll get it right this time), a mk3 resin Dc top, an Etchcetera Dc, and a DBR made from resin Dc bits.

Can you tell the difference from 2'?

Kiwibonds has sent some closeup pictures of the DBR, which is a nice little model, while also pointing out all the flaws in my casting and master/mould making skills.
The description reads 'Hood was cut it in half to remove a pair of engine room hood doors, new exhaust stack cover, replaced the cab with a paper one PVA’d onto clear plastic from a shirt box. Chassis was new made of styrene including the high heels for the cab and nose.'I'll point out that any flaws are down to my casting rather than anything else.



'Honestly officer, I haven't been drinking, my nose always looks like this...'


(I'd like to thank Kiwibonds at this point for giving me stuff to write about while I'm busy at work sorting out stuff to file some patents. Nothing earth shattering just giving the start up company I work for a leg up into the industry. Hopefully I'll get back to some real modeling next week after this madness has finished.)

1 comment:

ECMT said...

Some pretty tasty stuff ! With the state of the scale at the moment, and no RP gear on the horizon I say " Bring Back the resin years "