Well, I've done some bits and pieces this week, but a few other things have got in the way (curse you ratio with your freely available kit sets!).
I have managed a stint putting sleepers in on Paekakariki, and I'll organise some pictures of this in the not too distant future.
Today I got a chance to get out Waihao Forks and start to fix the track work. There was a lot of track regauging, which tends to suggest that what works with code 50 rail doesn't seem to work with code 40. Not a huge crisis as code 40 is a pain to work with. Possibly more terminal is that the clearances around the frogs are not great. Well, more accurately would be too great. the 2mm FS wheels drop into the gap quite noticeably, and about the only way to fix this is to remake the switch blades/check rails. Not a quick job by any stretch of the imagination, and I think an excellent show demo job.
I do like this angle though.