Saturday, October 01, 2011

Inspiration

Well, I must admit to being rather uninspired of late. I have not really lifted a tool in anger on the layout or picked up a plan. I have been doing a bit of research for a left field 2mm fine scale layout, but my brain is still mindful of having too many projects on the go at one time, so its in the box for the time being.

Today an off the cuff visit by an old friend and a suggestion to visit fielding to see if there was anything interesting their brought a bit of a surprise in the form of F163 running up and down the yard with 2 56' cars. A reminder that I need to come back to take some photos and do something useful with the bits I have from the 2mm association. Unfortunately I had no camera with me to record any of it.

Second up is the arrival of the September Railfan. Photos from lucky photographers of the Dl class moving. Also a great article on the Wairarapa rail cars with plenty of photos which is leading to deep primeval stirrings again on a Rimutaka incline layout. Unfortunately this beast is harder to keep in the cage. Maybe if I build some 3mm scale wagons it might go away....

2 comments:

Amateur Fettler said...

Im with you on this one.....I know I should be designing 4 wheel underframes for Paekok but its sunny outside and CAD seems all to difficult.....having my writing hand in a cast probably doesnt help either.

I say Go nuts on the 2mm idea....I'd love to see that!

Anonymous said...

I spent Saturday with Barry Norman - So my motivation is well up! Lawrence