Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What I've been up to

The reason for the lack of blog posts in the last week is...



'I'm the one at the front right'

....I got to wear a silly hat. The picture is as good as it got from where my wife was sitting. Its the final challenge to complete a doctorate. Walk across a stage, stand while someone summarised all those years of work in less than 100 words. Shake hands, move to the left of the stage, shake hands, take bit of paper and then move up to the rear of the stage to take your seat. Then stay awake for 2 hrs with no toilet breaks possible.

And the secret to my success here; not taking both feet off the ground at the same time.

5 comments:

lalover said...

Well done! Doctorate in____?

Now kits party time!

Anonymous said...

I never went to any of the ceremonies for any of my degrees. Couldn't see the point. Although I believe for the first one from Otago, it was still back in the days when civil servants got time off work to attend their kid's graduation ceremony, and so my parents wouldn't have minded me going to one...

Cheers, Luke

RAB said...

For my MSC I didn't see the point as I ddin't knoew anyone graduating, but this time round I had 5 friend's graduating with PhD's, whom I had all taught as undergrads, and my parents and wifes parents were keen to come up. Also, Wellington is a nice city to visit.

Southern Rails said...

Congratulations!

Alchemist said...

The evidence towards your occupation at the time is rather blurry and hazy. Also it appears a bit back to front, from my perspective that is, which also was quite blurry.

You can have a look here:

http://aokhem.blogspot.com/