Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rubber mould making pt 2

To make a 2 part mould requires a bit more thinking. For a basic case like my lc top, not allot more.


Here I've taken the plastic surround that I built, removed it from the base it was on and glued it back together. I then have tried to reattach it to the 1st part of the mould with F2 glue. This has not worked as silicone rubber sticks to almost everything else incredibly badly, which is why it works fro this. The one thing that it sticks very well to is other silicone rubbers. I nearly feel down here as I almost forgot to paint a thin layer of oil on the rubber surface and the master before I poured in the rubber for the plug mould. Readers would have been able to hear the swearing from a substantial distance.

All things being equal, I should have my first casting out tonight.

No comments: