Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday morning

Well, it seems that I have not written a post in 3 weeks. A combination of factors (work, a lack of modeling drive, its cold out in the Man-sion etc ) have contributed to this, but the fort has been held well by everyone else.

Hopefully I can get this to change in the next week or so, but I now have a stack of reading to do for work. I really thought I was done learning new stuff.

Anyhoo, I think this weekend I'll have to  make a visit outside. There are a few projects that need to be re started. AmFet is visiting in the not too distance future so I can get some input on where to go next.

Where to begin....


5 comments:

Amateur Fettler said...

I think i can see your problem.....that piece of broad gauge track is obviously too much of a distraction!

0-4-4-0T said...

An item for the to-do list could be to fill in a few of the gaps in the scrub on far yonder hill. I have run into similar problems in putting scrub on my hills. Usually, bushes are not evenly spaced over a hillside but clump together in solid masses, grading out to patches of bare grass free of bushes. I think it is a function of each bush having more descendants closer-by than further away. And I like your base grass better than mine.

Motorised Dandruff said...

I really need to add some sheep tracks as well which will fill in the hillside a bit better.

Anonymous said...

The man-sion is cold? Any chance of getting a woodburner heater in there?

beaka said...

Spent Friday evening round at Russells garage, helping out with his modules which are going to Taupo show.Well actually ,we mostly caught up and very little modelling was done. An electric fan heater did an amazing job of warming the place, so well in fact that a huge rat came in through a small gap ,introduced himself and slid down into an area of boxes,household memorabilia,etc. Fine we thought! that killed my modelling mojo for the evening.Not too keen waiting for the rat to poke its head out while i am concentrating on some detail work. 20 mins later the rat reappeared and proceeded to retrace its path back outside,probably to invite the rest of the family or families back for a judging session. you know along the lines of "what do you think of the scenic work on module 2, Mavis?" "I think he has used too much dried oregano flower head for his trees and i intend to fix that once he has gone inside"