Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday morning

Hmm, its only 2 weeks to the convention. might be time to pull my finger out and do something....

-Layout sides are coming along, will get painted this weekend, and I'll install the flat bits as well. I'll probably have time to make some card buildings (just the basic shapes) but that will be about it. However I'm not planning to make any side trips at the convention, preferring to sit round and talk s**t (which I excel at...) so there will probably be some modeling done while I am there.
-Competition entries.....yes well...
have started at least, but will need to get some castings pronto to get them finished.
-There is a clinic to write, fortunately I have plenty of pictures taken over the last 3 years to fill it up.
-Does anyone have any objections to the NZ120 SIG being held in the bar (any preferences Russell, since you are the only other one who has indicated that they will be there?)
-ITS ONLY 2 WEEKS TO THE CONVENTION AAAAAHHHHHH (footsteps running off into the distance).

So, quite a bit to do, so why am I sitting in front of the computer writing about it?

In other news, the latest Railfan is out. A good selection for everyone, with a sizable spread on Kiwirail trains, as well as some articles for us old time fans (I am continually astounded by the amazing George Emmerson collection, and and thankful that Richard is allowing many of the images to be used). Looking at the center spread I thought 'that style looks familiar, wonder where I have seen it before' I flip to the next page to discover its from one of the blogs other contributors. Well done that man!

And to finish, one of the finest Youtube clips ever discovered.

5 comments:

sxytrain said...

Bar sounds good to me!!!
Russ

Motorised Dandruff said...

Didn't think I would have to twist your arm far.

beaka said...

well, i didn't realise that when you talked about blowing hot air,it involved those infernal pipes. Sorry, had to mute the sound and even then i am sure they were able to overide the mute button.
while my body will be at family celebrations in wellington over easter, my mind will certainly be at the bar with the pair of you. hope to get in to mainline depot on sat morn if my brother is organised.we are the only train lepers at this family get together.

Cabbage said...

I'll be there to dring your beer

Will you be going out to mainline steam Saturday evening?

sxytrain said...

I'm heading to MLS sat. night.
Russ