Thursday, March 08, 2012

Mmmmmmmm........

Sorry there has been a lull in posts (there is a post on soldering the NASA way, but I'm saving that for a special occasion).
I would have written something last night about the seeming lack of interest in the convention shown by NZ120 modelers, but was a bit busy in the great outdoors. I was fishing under the Halcome bridge (with the father in law), and was just watching a class 30 haul a freight north over the bridge in the sunset while absent mindedly casting into the river, when this blundered onto my hook. Not quite sure how it managed to get so big, while staying so dumb (a question we could ask of some people around I'm sure).

'There appears to be plenty of beer to go with that'

However I am in the good books at home (a very in that sentence would not be out of place), and he's going to be smoked over Manuka chips for tea tonight.
(hopefully I stay in the good books long enough to get a 100 buck order with North Yard paid for. Guys, if you got Paypal I could hide these things much better)

We now return you to the usual drivel.

4 comments:

sxytrain said...

Fishing for comment....

MaverickNZ said...

Its certainly a good scale

lalover said...

Something smells a little fishy.

Anonymous said...

Try the Kawhatau River in the Rangitikei headwaters for some really big brownies (I think you need a back country licence to fish this river though). You also get an awesome view of the South Rangitikei Viaduct as you turn off from Managweka onto the Kawhatau Valley road.

Nick