Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Conspiracy Theories

A Paranoid Am_Fet writes:

It always starts innocently enough...gentle bantering amongst colleagues, a suggestion that a certain station would make a great model...but then things start to turn...sinister....and things happen...behind your back...without your knowledge...and wheels are put in motion...

This email arrived from Schloss Dandruff last week:

"I've just come up with my take on Whareroa. not as spectacular track wise, but it will work and look good. "

???? That came out of the blue...I asked him not to show it to Cabbage as he had been badgering me enough about Whareroa anyway.

"Too late, he sent me the original and asked for some input."

???????? Whats going on here? I feel like I'm being tag-teamed here.....Oh well, might as well go with the flow and offer to send some photos up...

(These thoughts had nary left my little skull when this email arrived:)

"BTW, heres the pictures Cabbage sent, which seem to illustrate it quite well."



So, I suppose I'm just the muggins that will have to build it then...

(Mailbox Pings)

"I could make the track...."

Sigh....Anyway, the real purpose of this post (and probably the next) is to show how The Head Druff managed to reduce the full size Whareroa yard down to a more manageable "kernel" that still allows realistic train movements and operation. In the next post I will talk (hopefully with Drews help) on how the yard is run on a day to day basis, then in the last post Herr Druffmeister will show how he came up with his design.

I cant wait....

No comments: