Monday, November 01, 2010

Slow patch

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that there seems to have been a general slow down on postings at the Z120 site. I can't help but wonder if its because its finally stopped raining for the moment and the warmer temperatures are forcing people into the outdoors more often (in my case, press-ganged into sorting out the weeds).

Things around here may also slow down as well. I've taken on a contract to help out an old friend (as opposed to a friend who is old) which is going to be taking up some time in the next few months. The offshoot is that there is enough money in it (well, more than enough, but the lady of the house is partial to overseas holidays you understand) to hopefully move some of the larger projects on my books into the solid development pipeline (as opposed to the deranged paper ramblings that they are currently).

Its not helped by my covetous designs on other prototypes like On30 or 2mm English either.

4 comments:

greg said...

Sirrah! on behalf of the indentured & impoverished rabble employed by the "Chronicle", we roundly take exception to your chiding negative that things have "slowed up on the Z120 site" - we have single-handedly generated a number of releases covering a wide variety of topics, from progress on diesel locomotives, to heavy earthmoving equipment and logging topics.

And what pray tell do you intimate when mentioning On30 on this blog ? - (we can forgive you the interest in UK 2mm materials).

Motorised Dandruff said...

I would suggest that I've had a touch too much of the sun, backed up by not enough G&T to keep the mosquitos at bay.

(and single handed, yes. Whats everyone else up to?)

Anonymous said...

Agree that things have slowed down but I do suspect sunshine and gardens and are to blame. . . SteveF

sxytrain said...

I haven't had much to say lately because I'm spending most of my spare time, building kits. Lots of 56' cars over the last couple of months actually, and, of course, trying to finalise a couple of new kits for release. Most noted is very little of loading pic's of work done by other modellers, other than on this blog