Saturday, November 13, 2010

Monthly meeting

Thursday night, and its that time of the month for the support group get together. I for once didn't have anything for show and tell. I should have brought along my scissors crossover but didn't want the Guru subjecting it to an intense 15 minutes of scrutiny. I should have as he was away cycling the Otago rail trail again (quick Q, how many of you have done it?).

Again some good discussions through the night. I got told that to build an H with its 2 unsyncronised engines might require 2 chips for the sound (I'm still not quite convinced, but...).
Someone asked about why Dj's got the chop (they were only 20 years old at the time of their demise), which was mainly because they could not be converted to single manning.
there was also a quick chat on bearings and getting hold of some of the mini ball bearings that are available from here.

So in the end not much to report (I think that modern living gets in the way far too much). One chap commented to me that he did want to do things, but he had too many hobbies. I tend to agree with that sort of thing. I have a few things that I do and starting to paint Russian cavalry is time I don't spend building locos or making track. I can't remember the last time I made a wagon...

4 comments:

steve w. said...

I was in Ranfurly last week but not for the rail trail, helped a friend move down there for work...
...will be down there in February / March next year again, who knows, maybe I will hire a push bike or is it called a bicycle (Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today...)

cheers...
steve w.

'hapippl' So look out for those beauties oh yeah

Lawrence said...

6hrs 49 minutes - in the 2009 RTC100, but it was a head wind most of the way!

lalover said...

Cycle???? what?????


"gonric" fat bottomed girls......

woodsworks said...

Has anyone dealt with this nzbearings chap? I note he uses a @gmail.com e-mail and provides only a cellphone number, with no physical address, which has 'dodgy' written all over it. No traceability makes it easy to take peoples' money and then disappear without supplying any goods.