Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday morning

Hmm, posting has got rather haphazard round here hasn't it. truth be told, I've actually not spent that much time at the modeling bench this week. I've been doing a bit of thinking around getting some practice scratchbuilding some steam loco chassis using the 2mm parts. the real problem is deciphering the product list down to what you actually need to do the job. I get rather lost looking at 64DP vs 100DP and which one will do the job best etc. I'm also tempted to actually make an English loco as a cover to get the groups help....

What I have been doing is slowly gluing down the track on the first 2 modules and soldering in the droppers. while its a necessary evil, its not made for great blogging material.

"Move along, nothing to see here"

At least its providing a use for all those old textbooks I've collected over the years.

4 comments:

Lawrence said...

Wow! a CRC Handbook. It's been a long time since I opened one of those. Just the thing for fixing down track.

Motorised Dandruff said...

And it only cost me $2 at the Founders book fair. The old lady at the desk looked at it and just said 'well, its an old book....'

outbackiwi said...

i am flooded in and the Locust are about to eat the place . I need some good reading to take my mind off all this .;

Motorised Dandruff said...

Sorry to hear that. That sort of double whammie is something that isn't really needed in the current climate. I fear with the current output level of high quality drivel here, you may have to go somewhere else.