Thursday, May 27, 2010

A package on the doorstep

Oh good its finally arrived. A quick check and everything seems to be there. good. the frames out first and hold the bogies up to them. Hmm, doesn't quite seem to fit. Thats odd, maybe its a newer model. The replacement gear tower has the wrong wheelbase. Maybe they have screwed up the order? Never mind, I'll just order the right bits. Onto the Atlas website. Find the exploded diagram. hmm, the top of the bogies doesn't seem right. Back to the loco list. Maybe I was after RSD-4 bits. No, they don't look right either. hang on, from the bowels of my memory I recall it was an RSC-2 or something. Hmm. not on the loco list anywhere. I wonder....

"tap tap tap"
Hmm, its made by Kato.....

Bugger.
And there don't have the spares that I want....

Bugger.
Maybe its back to plan A then. At least I've got all the worm drives.

(This brought to you by Mr Cockup, demonstrating that no matter how many letters you assemble behind your name, you can still completely bollox things up)

1 comment:

steve w. said...

look for a 'cheap' KATO RS-2 or RSC-2 on fleeBay.com and you'll have all your needed parts... or even better, check this out: fleeBay # 350358971172 hurry up...

cheers...
steve w.

that makes sence for the 1st time: 'track'