Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hello, my name is XXXX and I'm a model railroader (2)

How many of you have a desk draw at work that looks like this.


Names are not mentioned to protect the guilty.
However, you may be an addict it you have
-Concealed credit card receipts from you partner.
-have recent purchases sent to your work address.
-made trips home early to intercept the mailman.

my advice is to get a more sociable addiction like alcohol or drugs, to cover the underlying addiction of trains. They probably work out cheaper in the long run.
Wikipedia has this to say further:
"Addiction is a primary, progressive, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over use of the substance, preoccupation with the substance, use of the substance despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking."

Look closely at your next modeling group meeting. Be very suspicious of anyone wearing a hat covered in badges.

5 comments:

lalover said...

Join the crew matey!
Bet you work under an old puffing billy too

Southern Rails said...

HAHAHA! By reading this post I have only now realised that I have a problem. Any idea where someone could find help for this addiction?

Motorised Dandruff said...

I'm starting a cult. Send me all your money and I'll see what I can do. ;v)

lalover said...

No no, its not a problem or an addiction, more a life experience....

Anonymous said...

I think I'm starting to worry that the pile of unmade kits is rapidly overtaking my own bodyweight...And, yes, I admit that is my drawer at work, deep in the bowels of the Wellington Railway Station.