Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bugger!

I've got the files lined up, have contacted the laser cutter who gives me the list of formats they do. Do ya think that the free sodding CAD program will save as any of them? Apparently the Alibre design software is designed to lock you into using their service unless you shell out money for the full version. Frankly I expect far better for nothing.
(Unless its just me being dumb again, in which case I apologise. Otherwise I wish you to drink nothing but Budweiser for the rest of your days).

Time for plan B.
(Mental note to self; should prepare a plan B before actually requiring it)

4 comments:

Kiwibonds said...

What does it save as?

Motorised Dandruff said...

.stp, .igs, .sat, and stl.
plus the standard of picture formats.
Nothing the company could use(though I will check)

Anonymous said...

Most laser cutters will accept AutoCAD DWG or DXF files, which Alibre can export.

Anonymous said...

Ask for your money back... ;)

or shoot the file to me for conversion in Rhino.

Mark