Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Direction?

I was around when the original NZ120 modular standard was created. I can even vaguely remember the discussions that went on at the time. However I think it was about the time I quit the Co-op, so I didn't have that much input into the final thing.

To tell all 3 of you the truth, the modular standard has always bugged me. its all rather inflexible for actually modeling NZ scenes, and the chances of actually getting together with other NZ120 modelers are rather minimal, let alone traveling with a set of 4' by 2' modules.

At the weekend I came across this website, and a solution that I really like;

http://maritime.dns.ca/mgerrits/trains/Micromodules.html

Its flexible and you can design a layout to fit into your home without being tired to the 4' by 2' ( I must look, its this in the bible in Genesis? ' ...And Moses did take the tablets, being 2 cubits by 4 cubits, and laid them down, and low, the trains did run...').

Thoughts anyone?

And here's tonight's picture. I really must add couplers and some MU pipes.
(I always though it was cheesy modeling preserved locomotives. I've made a big exception in this case. I think Frank would have approved. Also I've worked on both of them)

No comments: