Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Enough with the talking already

Today I've actually done something a bit more concrete than the last couple of days. I've been trying to work out how the whole layout will fit together. I was trying to make a 1:12 th scale model to see how everything was going to fit, and it was going incredibly badly. The solution? Just move to full scale.




The width of the paper is 2'6". I think the whole layout will need to be deeper. So much for portability. I'm still not quite happy with the layout at the wellington end of the loco depot, but I think everything else will work (and fit more importantly). The only other problem is that the passing loops at the station will only be 4' long, which limits the train length to about 16 4 wheeled wagons. not quite as long as I would have liked. I'll have to see what i can do about that, possibly by slipping both sides of the main line further towards each other.

1 comment:

Amateur Fettler said...

You can tell your wife isnt in the house! This conceptual modelling bug seems to be catching on!