Sunday, January 07, 2024

Rolling, rolling - 4w wagons

 DB keeps moving before he gets distracted again...

15 years ago I made up three LPAs that I bought off Pat Eade a few years earlier. I binned the chassis and put them on Pecos. It seems I was a side short too, so I must have made a replacement up out of plasticard.

It's about time to top them off.  Ridgepoles were added with some plastic coated steel rod. 

Then some tinfoil tarps were added. Pic taken before the paint had set. Longest kit assembly elapsed time ever?


I Peco'd the other two 3'6 KS tops and got them up to the same level as the first one. At some stage I should probably do the V shaped dots along the door ridges and may add a few more bits.


So that's most of my four wheelers repaired, detailed and weathered more or less (other than the stone train and the really old LCs). I could do with a few more handbrakes and need to find some coal for the new LCs.

3 comments:

Darryl Palmer said...

You could say that Pat enhanced NZ120 with his range of kits, and now 3ft6 are taking off where Pat left off.
Were Pat's underframes no good ? I know his 64th scale underframe took some working to run smoothly.

darryl said...

I struggled with them, but it looks like Russell has improved them with bearings since, so I might revisit a kit and try it out. Good to see so much relatively easy and relatively 'good' stuff available these days. Sure beats scratch-building everything crooked and wobbly!

Peter Bryant said...

You can 3dprint a Lpa I made available on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5441795 for free or get Lewis to print it.
Its scaled at 1:87 for my brothers NZR Ho layout but can be downscaled to NZ120 on the slicer/3dprinter software