Friday, January 05, 2024

Great Workbenches of the World Part X

DB gets a workbench:

Since I have kicked myself off The Linesider's desks a week or so ago, I have been working standing up beside an old set of cabinets in a junky corner of the basement.

It occurred to me that I might as well put up a workbench, even a temporary one, in a less cluttered corner of the basement, and installed this former kitchen benchtop (which must be from three iterations of the house ago, being found in a corner of the garage when we moved in, that "was too good to throw out and will find a use someday", like a thousand other bits of wood and nails and screws and junk that I have squirrelled away for the apocalypse). Quite a few kitchen towels and rags gave their life to remove the mold, dust and a few greasy spills on the surface.

Ta-da:


It almost fits in the space, and I mounted it a little higher than a usual table/desk would be to being the work closer to the eye. I've already celebrated with a coffee and biscuits provided by my far better half upstairs, and by Peco-ing the second XP and painting number panels on a bunch of four wheelers.

I'll put another recycled shelf up above the desk and move the rest of the NZ120 stuff in.

2 comments:

Darryl Palmer said...

A thoroughly professional effort ! though the great abyss at right will need to be cordoned off...

darryl said...

YesI can see a few things pinging down there!