Monday, August 27, 2012

Going bush II

I've always struggled to make large numbers of trees. Well, more correctly I've never really attempted it, unless you count using sphagnum moss spray painted green 25 odd years ago.

In my wanderings on the net I came across this last night. While not New Zealand I think its an idea worth looking at.

The base of the forest is expanding foam filler, that is shaped, painted and flocked. Looks a lot faster and cheaper than using Woodland scenics foliage blocks.

3 comments:

sxytrain said...

Thats a serious sized module. Almost suitable for Manawatu Gorge!

MaverickNZ said...

Impressive looking modules. Would also suit parts of Waimakariri Gorge quite nicely.

0-4-4-0T said...

That expanding foam is different to any expanding foam I have seen used but the resulting form is a better forest canopy shape than anything I have seen before.