Sunday, December 04, 2011

Meeting up part II

OK, so assuming that this 'meeting did go ahead;
-Admission is everyone brings a model or plate of food?(or both?)
-Would a free for all and chat be OK, or should we do some mini clinics on modeling skills.
-If clinics, what would everyone like to see 9(I can offer track making and guards van construction)
-What sort of dates. is it too close to Christmas, or would the 17th/18th suit (the 9th/10th might be pushing it a bit organisation wise)

So feedback from local readers would be good as well, assuming the local club guys do read the blog. its more for you than the usual suspects.

6 comments:

Am_Fet said...

My thoughts:

- Model/Plate a great idea (I guess I'm bringing food!)
- Possibly a BBQ lunch?
- Would mid January be easier to manage in the insane leadup to Xmas?
- Id go for an unstructured approach, similar to the time we booked the Waiwhetu Church Hall to put Cass up in and everyone just stood around or lay on the lawn nattering about trains and life.

But I do think its a great idea...

sxytrain said...

Early next year is better for me.
Model (show and tell),and plate (with something to eat on it!) I could do a bit on soldering kits or scenery. Otherwise a casual natter is good.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Am - fettler, mid Jan would be much better once the Xmas rush is over.

Nick

Anonymous said...

Any time suits me. I'll either bring a couple of nz finescale signal kits or if I can find where I secreted Lady Mordaunt's frames etch or cut out new frames before the meet, that'll keep me fairlie busy.

Quentin

Anonymous said...

Mid Jan suits me better too.

Do you have a venue in mind?

Motorised Dandruff said...

I was thinking of holding it at Schloss dandruff.

I'm not overly sure that mid january suits me at the moment. I'm into a new department so may well be quite busy getting up to speed with everything.