Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Starting the scenic modeling.


Well, with the track all but done (and admittedly, that turntable is a pretty big 'but') its time to look at some of the small scenes that I can start working on to get back into the scenery side of things. Another consideration is that the terra forming arts have taken a few leaps forward while I've been off playing with toy soldiers, so I've got a few things to catch up on. Apparently sanded pinex spray painted with a light brown colour no longer cuts it.

So, first area to be selected is the loco depot water tank and surrounds. This had a couple of grounded wagon bodies and a collection of oil drums lying round. I have cut out the foam rubber at this site and will be cutting out a piece of MDF so that I can work on the detailing away from the layout at the bench.


The van body is supposed to be an Xa, but I have yet to make any of those just yet, so for the moment the W will have to do.

No comments: