Friday, April 29, 2011

Trackmaking XXVI

Well, continuing with the track making, its time to move onto the 3rd module. The plan is to put in the main lines and then the loco depot tracks. First up I checked the track template that I had created.

'Someone has blundered'

This alignment is very important as it sets up where the tracks into the shed at the other end of the module are, so I couldn't just shuffle it over, but instead had to re-draw it.

'A very important picture of lines on paper'

Its one of the drawbacks of the system. still, it only takes 5 minutes to sort it out.


And then we get to draw out where the sleepers are.


At this point I headed in for the night as it was getting rather chilly in the Man-sion. I either need to get a small heater or a really big soldering iron.

I've also been doing some thinking in the last week about the possibilities of running wagons with Peco wheelsets. The current thinking is that if I widen out the clearances on the mainlines they can run through without shunting.

No comments: