Monday, December 13, 2010

Confession time

Last night, after a week of not really achieving much, I decided to have a crack at connecting up the 2 modules and at least see if I could run a loco the full length of both of them. So, after hooking all the wires up, of course I had a short didn't I. so, i go back and check everything, disconnecting as I go. Eventually I think I narrow it down to one of the frogs. It seems like the gap isn't wide enough to insulate the damn thing from the rail behind it. I then absentmindedly check the frog to the point blades.

Hello.....

A closer inspection reveals that I have neglected to cut a gap between the frog and the point blades.This is a bit of a bugger as I've glued most of it down haven't I. I then further examine my handwork (or lack of it). The affect total rises very quickly to 6. I decided to fire up 'El Homicido' the mini drill. Ahhhh, I seem to have no cutoff disks left. Bugger

So, this week there needs to be a trip to buy some more discs, or I have to undo the PVA (water works wonders) and cut the gaps using the good old saw.

The moral of the story here is 'check everything on the bench first you slack bastard'.

2 comments:

sxytrain said...

Its been a long year, and something had to stuff up...........

Motorised Dandruff said...

I normally reserve my stuff ups for work though.